[imp] canned responses

m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:05:18 -0500

Hehe, don't you wish you had that canned-responder right now ;-)

-mi

-----Original Message-----
From: Atif [mailto:aghaffar@developer.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 2:37 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] canned responses

Ahmed Shihab wrote:

> No need for personal insults.

Did you find my suggestions on which steps to take when responding to
messages in a list?

> In general it is polite not to reply to a message
> you find of no use rather than insult the sender who spent their time
trying to
> help you.

Once again, I did not want to insult you. Infact, I did even appologize
before I stated my points, but I wont refere to my previous mail now,
you may find it insulting.

> but, I do wonder what kind of inadequacies makes you insult those =
trying
> help?

<b>help</b>

QUESTION: How much is 2+2?
ANSWER: You car works better if you have gasoline in it.

----

QUESTION: Whats the prefix for US when calling from Switzerland.
ANSWER: If you are using Orange network, you get a free webmail account.

----

QUESTION: Is there any plan to add "Include canned response"  feature
into IMP?

ANSWER: If you have cyrus+sieve you can do auto-responses on message
arrival rather than wait until you log into IMP.

----

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

> BIG HINT: no response is required!

So the good thing is that I did not find your help useful and I could
recognize that you have not understood my question well.

It would have had been bad, if a user  thought that you understood the
question and have correctly responded to that, it will confuse them more
and will cause more problems instead of being helpful.

--
Atif Ghaffar