[imp] Message-Display ignores MIME charset

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:33:20 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> I'm not sure but shouldn't at least unicode work? I tested with the message
> Otto sent to the list as it had a part with the charset utf-8. I switched
> my browser to use unicode and - voilá - the part was displayed (almost)
> correctly with greek, russian, chinese and german characters.

Unicode should work, with browsers/OSes that support it. I haven't kept up on
php's character support; is there the support necessary for us to convert
everything into unicode?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the