[imp] Debuging out of memory while using shm

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:16:49 +0000

Oliver Schulze L. writes:
> Hi,
> I have
> IMP 2.2.6
> Horde 1.2.6
>
> and I'm using shared memory for the session storage.

 Which OS/release?

> Sometimes imp stop working and show only this message:
>
> Warning: variable key 1 doesn't exist in /var/www/phplib/ct_shm.inc on
> line 79

 I have seen this exactly once so far, and I have absolutely no idea
 why. It happened just after I had installed imp-cvs for the first
 time, in parallel with the released version, so I thought this might
 cause a conflict.

> I'm trying to identify why this happend.
> If I:
> stop apache
> delete the shm segment
> start apache
>
> All start working again.
>
> Could it be that IMP get out of memory when sending a big attachment?

 Possible. You should be able to test this hypothesis quite easily ;-)