[imp] generating mysql.so

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:16:10 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Irlanda Delgado <Irlanda.Delgado@mific.gob.ni> wrote:

> redhat 7.1

The easiest thing for you to do is just install it all with the RPMs that
Red Hat ships, and then the Horde/IMP RPMs.  You can get them all on the
Horde FTP site:

	ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/i386/rh7/
	ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/noarch/rh7/

and there's a README file that explains which ones.  I have a 7.1 test box
here and it all works fine.  (The mysql.so will come from the php-mysql
RPM, by the way.)

> I got mysql with rpm -i --includedocs MySQL-3.23.44.1.i386.rpm

That doesn't sound right; as of Red Hat 7.x the MySQL RPM name starts with
"mysql-" (all lower case).  Use the one Red Hat provides.  Check out the
Horde RPM README and use those.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde