rpms horde and mysql

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:21:42 -0600 (CST)

[Please, let's keep the conversation on the list, so the archive ends up
with the answers, and others will be helped in the future.  Thanks.]

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Irlanda Delgado <Irlanda.Delgado@mific.gob.ni> wrote:

> I got MySQL-3.23.44-1 from www.mysql.com
>
> I got other files MySQL-client, MySQL-shared

You don't need that.  Take the one that Red Hat supplies; it's built and
tested to work with Red Hat.  I can't guarantee the www.mysql.com one will
work, so you're on your own if you stick with that.

> I read and mysql.so is shared library and it is necessary for IMP.

It's in the php-mysql RPM (also from Red Hat).  Did you read my last
message?  Run this command and post the results to the list.

rpm -qa | egrep -i "apache|freetype|imap|ldap|php|mysql|horde|imp"

Compare the results from that command to what's in the README.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde