Blank page (win32)

David Lovitch dml0163@lausd.k12.ca.us
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 00:08:36 -0800

To anyone with a free moment who thinks they can help, =)

I searched the mailing list archives and found a lot of posts about blank
screens/pages regarding a win32 install (a simple html markup is actually
there, but nothing between the body tags)... but no resolutions.

Has anyone come up with anything that works?

I'm running:
IMP 2.2.7
Horde 1.2.7
PHP 4.0.6 (runs other scripts just fine, phpMyAdmin, etc)
Apache 1.3.22 (works just peachy)
MySQL 3.23.41 (Database, tables, and users created successfully)
...all on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server box.

The test.php3 works just fine, but /horde/imp/ doesn't come up with anything,
and /horde/ comes up with a framed page with 4 frames, each with this error in
them:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `'{'' or
`'$'' in c:\web\horde\config\horde.php3 on line 9

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at c:\web\horde\config\horde.php3:9) in
c:\web\horde\templates\doctype.inc on line 8

I'd try IMP3.0/Horde2.0, but there was a mention of needing PHP 4.0.7
RC-something.. and I'd rather stick with a stable PHP.

Funny thing is, a friend said he had a similar problem when he was first
installing IMP on Linux (RedHat6.2 I believe), and he had to upgrade to IMP3.0
because he was having issues with PHPLIB.

Any thoughts?  Convincing people to convert to Linux without first showing
bosses the merits of free, open-source software is a big problem ;)  (Hence
the running Apache, PHP, MySQL, etc on Windows.. they at least like the idea
of non-IIS problems)

I appreciate any help anyone can give me,
David