[imp] One more question

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:21:15 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Mark Hutchinson <imp@redstarhosting.com> wrote:

> Are there rpms?  I am using it on RedHat 7.1 and would like to just be
> able to upgrade.  Is that possible.

It's on my to-do list to make some RPMs for Horde 2.0/IMP 3.0/Turba 1.0 as
soon as I can get to it.

However, if by upgrade you mean "rpm -Uvh imp-3.0-*.rpm" from IMP 2.2.x to
IMP 3.0, I really don't think we're going to be able to support that.
The configuration is so different between these two releases that it would
take a lot of work to get it right.  I think you'll have to install fresh
with the new RPMs.

Once you've installed the IMP 3.0 etc. RPMs, I certainly intend to support
"rpm -U" upgrades for any follow-on maintenance releases (3.0.1 etc.).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde