[imp] How to edit language when using 'en'?

Barry Flanagan barryf-imp@digiserve.ie
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:15:06 +0000

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 11:06, you wrote:
> Zitat von Barry Flanagan <barryf-imp@digiserve.ie>:
> > I know this is bound to be a stupid question, but I can't see where to
> > change
> > the words used in IMP when using the default English language - there is
> > no
> > en.po file.
> >
> > Where do I edit if I want to change the wording of the english language
> > used
> > in IMP?
>
> As English is the default language you have to edit the English wording
> directly in the code.

So, if I wanted to change the "Username" in templates/login/login.inc, I
would edit the line:

<?= _("Username") ?> to be <?= _("Email Address") ?>

...I thought that the _("Username") was used as a key into the .po files -
will this require changing all the other language files as well?

-Barry