[imp] Filter messages

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:59:25 -0500

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> This would come in handy to make sure some message doesn't automatically get
> moved to my Trash mailbox (i.e. for users that have been blacklisted) that I
> may actually want to see.  I could quickly scan the user/subject to make sure
> the message isn't one I actually want to read.
>
> If this sounds like something helpful, let me know and I'll gladly attempt to
> do the coding.  Just don't want to implement it if there is some obvious
> reason why this shouldn't be done...

I can imagine it being onerous if you filter a _lot_ of messages. Also, this
means that you have to go and fetch header information for all of those
messages, which will be relatively slow.

Aside from those details, it does sound like it could be useful. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the