Sieve stuff

Dan Ellis danellis10@home.com
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:08:30 -0600

Been gone for a while.  Switched email accounts a few times, but this =
one should be ok for a while.

Atif, please for gosh sakes get that old version of sieve-php.lib off =
your site (its version 2.0 and deserves to be shot!)  Its pretty darn =
final at version 0.0.8.  Its embarrasing seeing it.

You can see a test version of it at =
http://members.rushmore.com/~dane/test.php (see sourceforge for more) =
</shameless plug> =20

Anyways, here's where I'm at with the IMP plug in:

The works all done with a earlier version of imp (2.3.7 something).  =
Need some HTML touchups to the code.  Requires modifying one file and =
adding two others.  The problem lies in my html and getting it to look =
and feel right with Imp.

Getting pretty busy at work, so for the next few weeks, there will be =
little time for me to do too much more.  I guess I would like to see if =
an html monkey (we're all monkeys, right?) can work some magic and make =
it simply "feel better" to the touch.

The pluggin in much like the test page above.  No frills at this point, =
but works very well.  I am actively working on a sieve lexer/parser to =
handle populating a gui from a hand-made script.  If someone wants to =
help make things look pretty,  I've got much of the work done.

I'll put what I've got for IMP on the site in a day or two(maybe even =
tonite if I don't run out of beer).

I agree with Chuck that this does not really belong in the guts of IMP, =
but some standard way of interfacing would be very nice so we don't have =
to worry about creating patches every other day :)