[imp] can't send messages with cvs version

Andreas Krebs akrebs_horde@chronolabs.de
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:03:50 +0100

--On Thursday, November 22, 2001 11:57:17 +0100 Jan Schneider
<jan@horde.org> wrote:

> I just improved the error reporting if the message can't be sent. Update
> your cvs copy and see if it reports something useful.

Hi Jan,

good job, thanks,
Now the horde.log shows an error when connecting to the smtp server fails.
The problem was in horde.conf, where i had:

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params']['server'] = 'mail.chronolabs.de';

instead of

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'mail.chronolabs.de';

I didn't notice that i has to be specified as 'host', since the auth object
uses 'server'
for the same purpose, that's a bit confusing.
But with the improved error reporting, i was able to see where the error
occured and that
compose.php needs the server name as 'host'
btw, i don't use the serverlist from servers.php, so any entry there isn't
used.
thanks again

Andreas