Starting IMP instead of outlook/hotmail when clicking on a mailto:...

Andre Joanisse andrej@marpware.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:35:38 +1100

Hi,

I've done a number of searches and could find the answer to this:

I would like IMP to be the default mail program in Internet Explorer. When a
user clicks on an email link on a web page, it would start IMP instead of
Outlook.

The only way I've found, almost, is to change the associated file type for
mailto to start Internet Explorer. But I haven't been able to find the
correct way of passing options to IE. Also, what if the user is already
running a session with IMP?

Config is: win98, IE5 and IMP 2.2.6 on the server.

Thanks,

André