Warning: unserialize() failed at offset 0 of 35 bytes in /<path_to_serverroot/horde/lib/Auth.php on line 227

Stefan Schleifer gnut@odn.de
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:58:37 +0100

Hello out there,

i'm setting up a webmailer-system using Horde 2.0 and IMP 3.0, using the actual release-candidates (updates yesterday evening via cvs). I updated / installed turba and kronolith yesterday also.

When logging in,  _sometimes_ the following happens:
a.) Login takes nearly until forever. When i kill the mailserver-process on the mailserver machine the webserver procedes immediately with a Login-Failure. I'm sure the password is correct, i copy-paste it.
b.) Same thing happens when i am logged in, go to another webpage and return to imp by directly typing in the url. In case b.) the following error-message appeares:

Warning: unserialize() failed at offset 0 of 35 bytes in /<path_to_serverroot>/horde/lib/Auth.php on line 227

(it appears two times with one blank line between them).

I write _sometimes_ because i am not able to find a direct correlation between when that happens and when not at a.),    b.) always happens and is reproduceable.

Once i'm logged (close browser, wait 10 minutes, start over again) in everything works as expected, imp, send mail, receive mail, folders, turbo, kronolith and so on. Mail, WWW and Database (authentication with MySQL) are on seperate machines, all running SuSE Linux 7.3.

Any hints anyone?

Thanks,
Stefan Schleifer

PS:
Here i include the [Session] part of my php.ini because i relate the problem to somewhere there or in the Session-handling. Excuse the garbage if not :-)

[Session]
; Handler used to store/retrieve data.
session.save_handler = files

; Argument passed to save_handler.  In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored.
session.save_path = /tmp

; Whether to use cookies.
session.use_cookies = 1

; Name of the session (used as cookie name).
session.name = PHPSESSID

; Initialize session on request startup.
session.auto_start = 0

; Lifetime in seconds of cookie or, if 0, until browser is restarted.
session.cookie_lifetime = 3000

; The path for which the cookie is valid.
session.cookie_path = /

; The domain for which the cookie is valid.
session.cookie_domain = (is set to full domainnamei imp runs under, eg.    www.example.com )

; Handler used to serialize data.  php is the standard serializer of PHP.
session.serialize_handler = php

; Percentual probability that the 'garbage collection' process is started
; on every session initialization.
session.gc_probability = 1

; After this number of seconds, stored data will be seen as 'garbage' and
; cleaned up by the garbage collection process.
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

; Check HTTP Referer to invalidate externally stored URLs containing ids.
session.referer_check =

; How many bytes to read from the file.
session.entropy_length = 0

; Specified here to create the session id.
session.entropy_file =

;session.entropy_length = 16

;session.entropy_file = /dev/urandom

; Set to {nocache,private,public} to determine HTTP caching aspects.
session.cache_limiter = nocache

; Document expires after n minutes.
session.cache_expire = 180

; use transient sid support if enabled by compiling with --enable-trans-sid.
session.use_trans_sid = 1

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry"