[imp] IMP 2.2.7/RH 7.1/PostgreSQL

Martín Marqués martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:58:29 -0300

On Sáb 01 Dic 2001 16:09, you wrote:

> changed the  the localhost entry from authentication type "trust"
> to "password" restarted postgresql and problem unchanged.  The
> contents of my /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf is now:
> # By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.
> local        all                                           trust
> # gla 12-01-01  change authentication mode for TCP localhost from trust to
> password
> #host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust
> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     password

You may also try to add your host IP (internet, or intranet IP), just in
case. On Solaris we have strange behaviours, and we had to grant connections
from the IP of the Server. Quite strange.

> The error messages when clicking on the contacts link inexplicably
> disappeared last night.  The main contacts window seems to
> be working perfectly now, but the error messages in preferences
> and the top of the compose window are still there.
> I'm going to *try* to turn on postgresql logging, but this is my
> first experience with postgresql having always used MySQL
> before (The default RH 7.1 php/apache is set up for
> postgresql, but not MySQL)

Don't you get a permission denied? That's another reason for getting those
errors. In that case, you'll have to grant your horde users crtain rights on
the horde DB tables.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?