Not displaying full name set in /etc/passwd

David Wilson dave@sai.co.za
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:33:41 +0200

Hi all,

I've been batteling with this but I can't seem to get it right:
All my users 1000+ have had their full name changed to "From-Admin" in
/etc/passwd by some silly accounting package, when my users log in to IMP
and send email their display name appears as "From-Admin"  *bleh*, the only
way for my users to change their full name is to go to "preferences" in IMP
and set their full name where it's then stored in MySQL.

What I thought of for a quick solution is to tell IMP not to read the
display name from /etc/passwd, if the user hasn't set a full name under
IMP's "preferences" then IMP must just set the display name to the users
email address ....i.e
user1@mydomain.com ?

Having their email displayed as a fullname would be much better than having
"From-Admin".

Please could someone direct me as to what I need to change to do this, I've
battled around with compose.php for about 2hrs now and I can't seem to get
it right ;)  ....anyone have a learn PHP in 24hrs book to lend me ? :)

Thanks.

IMP version 2.2.6

Regards
David Wilson