[imp] Problem with LDAP+IMP (UTF8 and accentuated vowels)

Santiago Romero sromero@servicom2000.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:53:12 +0100

El mar, 11 de dic de 2001, a las 01:57:12 +0100, Jan Schneider dijo:
> >  Now the problem is the LDAP. I can insert ldap entries with
> >  netscape's console and I read correctly in the same console,
> >  but under IMP I read strange characters instead of the
> >  latin1 characters. I get Administraci"An instead of Administración.
> >
> >  I've tried to hack ldap.search.php3 to call to utf8_decode()
> >  over the variable $email[1] but it didn't work.
> >
> >  Any idea of how to solve it? It's a big problem for me (that makes
> >  the ldap server unusable! :( )
>
> If you have utf capable browsers you can try and change the default
> charset of the imp pages to utf-8 instead iso-8859-1. I'm not sure
> where to do this in imp 2.2 but you should find it with a grep.

 Searching in groups.google.com I've located a patch for IMP to
 work with UTF8 servers. That patch uses the utf8_decode function.
 I apply it by on Apache error_log file I get:

 [Tue Dec 11 17:27:54 2001] [error] PHP 3 Fatal error:
 Call to unsupported or undefined function utf8_decode() in
 horde-1.2.4/imp/ldap.search.php3 on line 464

 I must add utf8 support to apache, to IMP, to both, to other,
 to php??? :-??? I'm totally lost, I have IMP 2.2.5 and PHP 3.0.18,
 which is supposed (since 3.0.6) to support the utf8_decode()
 function :-?

 Anyone knows (urgently) what do I need ? :???

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas

Av. Primado Reig 189, entlo