[imp] PHP Upgrade Changes Default IMP Authentication Method

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:55:34 -0500

Quoting "Evans, Tim" <Tim_Evans@troweprice.com>:

> Replacing php with 4.0.6 causes IMP login to default to CRAM-MD5, rather
> than the current plaintext.  Is this default changed in 4.0.6; how to
> revert to plaintext?

It's not a default; it's that c-client is now linked to use that driver, and c-
client always prefers CRAM-MD5 ... _if your server claims to support it_. So if
this isn't working, your server is incorrectly advertising that it supports
CRAM-MD5, and that's the problem you need to fix.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the