CVS update script failing

Harry Hoffman hhoffman@ip-solutions.net
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:22:47 -0500

Hi,
  Sorry that this isn't really IMP related. I've written a shell script that runs from cron every night to update thru CVS my Horde apps. I would really like to have unattended updates of CVS. Unfortunately, it keeps failing. I get the following error:

cvs update: authorization failed: server anoncvs.horde.org rejected access to /repository for user cvsread
cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

If I run this from a shell prompt everything works ok, any ideas??

Here's the script:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
VER=`date -I`
/bin/tar czpf /usr/local/src/horde_backup/horde.$VER.tar.gz /var/www/html/horde
cd /var/www/html/horde;cvs -z3 update -d
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

Thanks,
Harry