Custom Options

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:41:59 -0500

We have been asked to add custom entries to the IMP "Options".  I've added
the following lines to horde/imp/conf/prefs.php, and I see it appear as an
option:

$prefGroups['sms'] = array(
    'column' => _("Your Information"),
    'label' => _("SMS Forwarding"),
    'desc' => _("Set your sms Prefs."),
    'members' => array('sms')
);

However, the implementation of
http://my.web.server/horde/imp/prefs.php?group=sms eludes me.

Is it safe to assume that adding this "pref" and the necessary php code
would mean branching IMP?  It is even possible to add it here because we are
not really out to effect horde_prefs, and that code seems to want to do only
that? Finally, is this a common addition, or do most people simply effect
/imp/conf/menu.php and add another icon & link?

Our UI guys really want the former. Our engineering folks prefer the latter,
but not necessarily for the right reasons.

TIA