[imp] Attachement file problem: Explorer cannot ....

Carl Provencher Carl.Provencher@sit.ulaval.ca
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:13:26 -0500

Hi,

I find in which condition IE cause error with attachement file.

When we click on filename or disk icon to open or download file, IE act same
maner.  He open "file download" window and in this, we can click on "open
file" or "save file to disk" and we have another check box to remember the
choice we do for this file type for the next time.

I do all of combinaison and the problem occure if we try to click on filename
and we ask "open file".  In this case, IE give to us "Explorer cannot ...."
error.  If we check "Remember the choice", the next time IE will not ask us
for the choice and give to us the error.

When we click on icon, IE ask us for choice (or do last choice if we ask to
hit to remember last choice) and it open in window or save to disk with
correct filename.

Thank's
Le 14 Décembre 2001 11:07, vous avez écrit :
> Zitat von Carl Provencher <Carl.Provencher@sit.ulaval.ca>:
> > A major problem we have with IMP, is about attachement and IE and the a
> > lot of our user use IE.
> > I suggest the problem occure because we find "&amp;mailbox" rather
> > "&mailbox" in url ?
>
> No, this is xhtml style and works with IE without a problem. I see that the
> link should open a PDF document. There are some problem with viewing
> attached pdf documents that haven't been addressed so far.
>
> Jan.
>

> AMMMa AG - discover your knowledge
>
> Detmolder Str. 25-33 :: D-33604 Bielefeld
> fon +49.521.96878-0 :: fax  +49.521.96878-20
> http://www.ammma.de

Carl Provencher
S.I.T., Université Laval
Tél.: (418) 656-2131 poste 8719