[imp] poppassd doesn´t work..i´m desesperated

FreeBSD user freebsd@XtremeDev.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:11:19 -0700 (MST)

> I created a file named \etc\xinetd.d\poppassd with content:
>
> service poppassd
> {
>  socket_type = stream
>  protocol = tcp
>  user  = root
>  wait  = no
>  server =/usr/sbin/poppassd
>  server_args =poppassd
>  disable  = no
> }

I've never setup poppassd before, but I run xinetd here, and it seems your
server_args line is wrong. server_args is the flags you want to run
/usr/sbin/poppassd with. Ie., server_args = -v -d, etc. (I'm making the
flags up here, as I don't know what flags poppassd takes.) What you have
right now is essentially /usr/sbin/poppassd poppassd, and I doubt that's
right.