[imp] Re: httpd: IMAP toolkit crash

FreeBSD user freebsd@XtremeDev.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:32:12 -0700 (MST)

> > Sorry, it is an IMP 3.0 RC3, not IMP 2.0.
> >

> > > Just recently setup IMP 2.0 RC3 on my FreeBSD machine, and got the
> > > following error on login to imp:
> > >
> > > Dec 17 02:28:10 msgsrv imapd[25800]: login:
> > xtremedev.com[216.241.38.65]
> > > cyrus LOGIN+TLS User logged in
> > > Dec 17 02:28:10 msgsrv httpd: IMAP toolkit crash: Bad msgno 5 in
> > > mail_elt,
> > > nmsgs = 4
> > > Dec 17 02:28:10 msgsrv /kernel: pid 362 (httpd), uid 80: exited on
> > > signal 6
> > >
> > > Any ideas on where I can start looking?
>
> I'm not sure if I remember right, but it may be caused by a buggy c-client.
> Search the archives, there are definitely some threads about this problem.
>
> Jan.

Did a search on marc for "imap toolkit crash bad msgno" and got a few
hits, but none of the threads had any definitive answers. Or at least, no
one with a similar answer came back and said "that solved it". I'll try
clearing out the mail boxes in question (for corrupted emails maybe), but
I don't know if that would help. Currently pine works fine for those mail
boxes, just not imp/horde. All the components are as current as I can make
them, IMP 3.0 is from CVS with RELENG_3, horde is RELENG_2, cclient is at
version 2001a, server is Apache+mod_ssl-1.3.22+2.8.5, with mod_php 4.0.6
and latest cvs'd PEAR (as of Dec 2001). The mail server backend is cyrus
imapd 2.0.16.