Re: [imp] poppassd doesn´t work..i´m desesperated

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:53:17 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, 70210@bol.com.br <70210@bol.com.br> wrote:

> Yes the mean of the \etc\xinetd.d\poppassd  is /usr/local/bin/poppassd
> poppassd because  the sintaxe to inetd.conf is
>
> >From code source site: http://www.netwinsite.com/poppassd/#Unix_Installation
>
> "The file '/etc/inetd.conf' will need to be updated to accept poppassd. The
> following line will need to be added.
>
>   poppassd stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/poppassd poppassd"

That's inetd.  inetd and xinetd have completely different configuration
formats.  Just because "... /usr/local/bin/poppassd poppassd" is what you
want for inetd doesn't mean that "server_args = poppassd" is what you want
for xinetd.  I think "FreeBSD user" <freebsd@XtremeDev.com> is right; look
at the error message you're getting ("invalid option: {poppassd}").

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde