[imp] user=??? host=UNKNOWN

Chris Alexander cjalexa@sph.emory.edu
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:57:50 -0500

I found that I had issues with imap-2001 using SSL.  I could *either*:

a) compile imap-2001a without SSL and then any IMAP connection I made within
PHP had to be non-SSL.

or

b) compile imap-2001a with SSL and then any IMAP connection I made within
PHP *HAD* to be SSL - the non-SSL IMAP connections would not work, they
would disconnect with an error similar to that described.  If imap-2001a had
SSL, then PHP had to use SSL connections.

Under imap-2000c I could "pick and choose" from within PHP - e.g. I could
establish an SSL connection to one IMAP server, and a non-SSL to another
from wihin PHP scripts and they would both work.  But with imap-2001a it
seems to be either/or, not both.

I have *not* had any issues using non-SSL imap-2001a with php 4.1.0,
however; running under Solaris 8/apache-1.3.22/mod_ssl-2.8.5.  The IMAP
connections are not SSL but the web server serves out Horde/IMP over SSL.

*shrug*

CJA