imp, qmail, and courier-imap

Matt Harrington narse@underdogma.net
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:47:32 -0500

    I am having several problems with imp/horde.  First I tried the cvs
versions of horde and imp (Dec 16) which was fully capable in logging in,
browsing folders, and sending mail.  However, it would give me these
messages:

Warning: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Folder.php on line 170

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Folder.php:170) in
/usr/local/lib/php/HTTP/Compress.php on line 86

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Folder.php:170) in
/usr/local/lib/php/HTTP/Compress.php on line 100

Warning: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Folder.php on line 170

It also was incapable Whenever I actually had mail, it would break
altogether and the browser would fail to load.  Apache would give me 6 of
these messages before hand:

Dec 21 18:34:26 undef httpd: IMAP toolkit crash: Bad msgno 2 in mail_elt,
nmsgs = 1

The imap server works as I'v tested it with other clients.  All other
modules appear to work but I have not configured them completely so I cannot
be sure.
    Giving up, I downgraded to horde-1.2.7 and imp-2.2.7 which fixed the
reading mail problem.  Unfortunately now it can't determine the right number
of messages.  There are always 6 messages in the mailbox.  When there are
more, it doesn't list them all, when there are less, it lists junk and gives
me this error for each junk email:
Warning: Undefined offset: 0 in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/mailbox.php3 on line 375
(the offset number changes appropriately)

Version information as follows:
    courier-imap-1.1
    qmail-1.03
    php-4.1.0
    c-client-2001 a/b (both return the same results)
    apache_1.3.22
    OpenBSD 2.8