[imp] Folders broken ? (or intermittent)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:42:13 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Mike Lewis <cajun@clearcom.com>:
>
> > When I am viewing my inbox and I click folders, several times it has
> > displayed the the errors below. A couple of times it has actually displayed
> > the folders though.
> >
> > Horde-2.0-RC3
> > Imp-3.0-RC3
> >
> > Warning: Undefined offset: -1 in
> > /usr/local/bin/horde-2.0/imp-3.0/lib/Tree.php on line 327
>
> This error is the only significant one.

I happened to catch this one today, in the course of testing folder names
with non-alphanumeric characters.  Here's how I can reproduce it with IMP
CVS RELENG_3:

 - Create a folder with curly braces in the name (I used "b {c} d" and
created it manually outside of IMP).

 - From the INBOX, choose the "Folders" button at the top.

 - The IMP frame will display:

Warning: Undefined offset: -1 in /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on
line 320
Warning: Undefined offset: -1 in /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on
line 320
Warning: Undefined offset: -1 in /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on
line 320
Warning: Undefined index: name in /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on
line 652
Warning: Undefined variable: lastid in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 657
Warning: Undefined index: in /var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on line
657
Warning: Undefined variable: lastid in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 663

 - Pressing browser's "Back" will get you to the folder list.  But
clicking the "folder refresh circle-arrows" icon will get you the Tree.php
warnings again.

I can see where this is heading (presumably this is interfering with
c-client specifications like "{imap.example.com}INBOX").  Does the IMAP
specification say that braces are not legal characters?  5.1.3 seems to
imply that & is the only special one, I just learned today.  :-)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN       / OPN: #horde