folder subscriptions

Aaron Solochek aarons@aberrant.org
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 00:18:29 -0500

Its been my experience that imap clients get folder subscription from
the server, imp doesn't appear to do this.

Is this a feature that will appear eventually, or is there a reason that
this has been left out, and if the latter, wouldn't the ability to
subscribe to random folders on the server be useful?

I ask because at CMU the bboards (folders on the cyrus server) are
pretty central to a lot of things, and it would be nice to be able to
read some of the bboards without having the folder list contain all of
them (which includes much of usenet, so is huge)

Just a thought.

-Aaron