Operating on all messages in a folder.

Lloyd Zusman ljz@asfast.com
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 11:59:32 -0500

I sometimes want to operate on all messages in my INBOX or in a given
folder, not only those messages which show up on a given page.

One way I could do this would be to go into my message display options
and change the number of messages per page to a large number.  Then, I
could use the "Select" and "Mark As" menus to operate on my entire set
of messages.

The problem with this approach is that it doesn't work well on slow
internet connections, or on computers with low memory (since the
browser will eat up a lot of resources showing a large number of
messages per page).

Is there any way that IMP could be persuaded to cause the "Select" and
current folder, and not just on the currently visible page?  I'd want
to do this on request: the default behavior would be the current
behavior, with this "operate on the entire folder" behavior controlled
via some sort of option.

I presume this would require some code changes.  But perhaps the
horde/imp code is already written in a way that these proposed changes
would turn out to be minimal.  If so, could someone point me to the
place(s) in the code where this change could be made?  If I can
successfully add this feature, I'll submit a patch.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com