[imp] Causing maintenance operations to occur without prompting?

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:09:39 -0500

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 09:58:39PM +0100, Michael Redinger (Michael.Redinger@uibk.ac.at) wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Jon Parise wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:35:03PM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> >
> > > Jon, you already tagged the RELENG tree, didn't you? Is it possible to get
> > > this patch into the release version though?
> >
> > Nothing's been tagged for the final release yet.
>

> When will this happen?  I wanted to write a virus checking hook and
> thought this could be interresting for others. I'll probably do this
> tomorrow if there's any chance this gets in. Otherwise I won't hurry

Well, tagging is last-minute and mechanical. :-) The new-feature
freeze was on Dec 23rd, though.

Virus-scanning strikes me as better oriented as a contrib (which we'll
hopefully be able to present more prominently for 3.x than we did for
2.2.x) than for something in the core distribution, since it's going
to have to rely on some commercial enterprise distributing virus
patterns (at which point it might be better off in the mail server
anyhow).

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!