Conformance of available IMAPrev4.1 servers to rfc2060

Rémi Cohen-Scali Remi@Cohen-Scali.com
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 01:56:27 +0100

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
Hello

While I'am always in the process of modifying the filtering feature of
IMP, I ran into a problem with the SEARCH command of IMAPrev4.1. I'am
coming to you as some of you might have a good knowledge of rfc2060 and
of its implementations (client & server).
I'am trying to use the OR operator of the search command and at least
one server/client (cyrus/c-client) combination is not giving the
expected results.
Actually a request such as:
`A001 SEARCH UNDELETED OR TO "value1" CC "value2"'
do not return any result even is the queries
`A002 SEARCH UNDELETED TO "value1"'
`A002 SEARCH UNDELETED CC "value2"'
each returns some.

As the use of this syntax could considerably accelerate filtering
process, my question is about knowing if one of you is aware of such
problems with the availables implementations? Or perhaps I am making
some errors on the interpretation of the rfc ?

--
                                                          -o)
                   Remi Cohen-Scali                       /\\

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature