Multiple Identity & Signatures Problems (IMP 3.0 Final)

Jeff Gilchrist jsgilchrist@hotmail.com
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:40:45 -0500

Using IMP 3.0/Horde 2.0/Turba 1.0 Final on Linux 2.4.17/Apache 1.3.22/PHP
4.1.1 I noticed a couple of bugs in the Check Spelling code when using
multiple identities or signatures.  This is when I am using IE 6.0 on Win2k,
haven't tested with other browsers.

I have 3 identities set up, a default and two others.  One of my non-default
identities is set to use a signature and also append the dashes and space.
Someone sent an e-mail to me at this identity (remember this is not my
default) and when I hit reply the compose window properly selects this
identity and includes my signature at the bottom of the message.

Now, if I type in a message and hit "Spell Check", the spell check interface
comes up fine.  If I go through and then select "done", the edited message
shows up in my compose window but my From: identity is now set to the
default and not the one it was set to before I did the spell check.

With the same scenario as above going into spell check, if I hit "Cancel"
instead of Done, the original message appears in the compose window, the
default identity is chosen in the From: field instead of the one that was
selected before.  What is also strange with cancel is that a second copy of
my signature is now at the end of the message right after the first.  Even
though the wrong identity is listed in the From: field, the second signature
that was added to the end of the message was from the correct identity.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour with their install?

Thanks,
Jeff.