[imp] imp imap/ssl authentication

Ron Peterson rpeterso@mtholyoke.edu
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:21:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Ron Peterson wrote:

> If I use the IMAP server, I can log in o.k.  If I use the ssl server,
> I cannot.  After attempting to use the ssl server, I cannot go back
> and use the non-ssl server either.

Well, I've at least narrowed this down to being a problem with PHP.

<?
  $mbox = imap_open ("{localhost:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX", "username", "password");
  print $mbox . "\n";
?>

A corresponding non-ssl script works fine.  This script chokes in exactly
the same way IMP is.  A new imapd process is started, but nothing ever
happens.

Time to go bug some PHP folks..

--
Ron Peterson                           -o)
Network & Systems Manager              /\\