[imp] imap php4 libphp4 problems

Sage McGirk sagem@cricket.mindcrime.net
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:23:23 -0500 (EST)

according to Horde, UW-c-client is required by PHP

IMP requires that PHP be built with IMAP support; PHP requires that the
UW-IMAP "c-client" library be available during compilation. This library
is the reference IMAP implementation and is only an IMAP client.  It has
nothing to do with the IMAP server that you use; even if you use the
Courier or Cyrus IMAP server, you must download the UW-IMAP package and
build c-client on the same machine as the webserver. The steps to build
only the c-client libraries are as follows:

i'm using courier-imap as imapd but php+UW-c-client is hosing apache.