[imp] IMP 3.0 troubles with logging in

Sam Rowe sam@samrowe.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:14:12 -0500

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 07:13:39PM -0500, Sam Rowe wrote:
# On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 04:13:32PM -0500, Aaron Solochek wrote:
# # With a very similar setup, I had a very similar problem.  My issue ended
# # up being that the sessions wern't being saved, since it couldn't write
# # to where it wanted to save them.  I ended up (somewhat randomally)
# # choosing /var/state/horde/ for the sessions.  I just created that, and
# # made www-data the owner of it, and changed the session save path in
# # /etc/php4/apache/php.ini and some apache config file I had.
# #
# # I also have the "horde refuses to log" issue.  If you solve that one,
# # let me know :)
#
# Well, this is interesting. If I set the save path to /tmp, I get a
# session_mm.sem even though I have session.save_handler = files. However
# if I tell it to save sessions in /var/state/horde, I don't get a
# session_mm.sem. Also, I get three, count em, three session files per
# login attempt, is that right??
#

Anyone?

# -Sam
#
# #
# # Sam Rowe wrote:
# #
# # >Hi,
# # >
# # >Fresh install of IMP3.0 and HORDE2.0 on Debian/testing.
# # >
# # >test.php works great, but complains about the lack of mcrypt support in
# # >debian's PHP. I read that this will not break Horde/IMP, so I continued.
# # >
# # >If I type
# # >
# # >https://www.my.org/horde/imp/
# # >    ^
# # >
# # >in my browser I get redirected to
# # >
# # >http://www.my.org/horde/imp/login.php?=b46de6118c70a840fe541f95fb593b3b&=c59172fed2521e299f1bba5ca93b0a59
# # >
# # >Note no 's' in the service/proocol name. This is even with
# # >$conf['use_ssl'] = 1;
# # >
# # >Second problem:
# # >
# # >When I try to log in, I'm given "Your Mail session has expired. Please
# # >login again." I checked the mail list archives and found that in most
# # >cases this was a typo in the config file for horde. I've been up and
# # >down that file, using the .dist one to make as few changes as possible
# # >and I can't find any errors.
# # >
# # >I'm using mysql for the prefs backend, but even when I set prefs to
# # >'none' I have the same problem.
# # >
# # >Should redirect.php be adding all that session info to login.php before
# # >an attempt has been made to login?
# # >
# # >Is my problem most likely a horde problem or an IMP problem?
# # >
# # >BTW, my IMAP server shows a successful login each time an attempt is
# # >made.
# # >
# # >What can I do to help debug this? I've got logging turned on and set to
# # >E_ALL but /tmp/horde.log is never created and if I create it, it stays
# # >at 0 bytes.
# # >
# # >Thanks for any help,
# # >Sam