[imp] Several problems with IMP 4.0-CVS (HEAD) (Filters, trash, etc.)

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:29:09 +0100

Zitat von "Marcus I. Ryan" <marcus@riboflavin.net>:

> As I've said before, I can fiddle around with a lot of things to test,
> but I'm not a PHP programmer, so actually fixing these things (let
> alone fixing them cleanly) is not a likely option for me.  But...so
> others know, and in hopes of getting them fixed, here are some of the
> bugs or unexpected behaviors I've run across, as well as a feature
> request.  I'll cover the bugs first:
>
> (1) I'm still researching this one, but I've been asked by all of my
> users (okay, all five of them on the test server) why they are asked
> to empty their trash every time they log in, even though they check
> the ~empty trash~ checkbox and click ~Perform Operations~, and they
> have set (actually through a system default) to only do that once a
> month?  I have verified this one and it is doing it to me as well.

I'm seeing this from time to time also but didn't had the time to take a
closer look at it. Does anyone step forward? Or try to find out steps how
to exactly reproduce it?

What I found out so far that it seems to be fixed (at least until the next
maintenance periode) if once login directly to imp instead of horde. Or
logout and in again with the icon in the imp menu.

> When I redo CVS, I generally do not drop and/or restore the database;
> I leave it in place as is.  Could this be part of the problem?

No, not in this case.

> (3) There's not a good way to empty a large trash folder on demand.  I
> don't always want to wait until the next Maintenance run to empty my
> trash.  However, since I get about 500 messages/day from almost a
> dozen mailing lists, it's not an easy matter of going to Trash and
> doing a Select->All, Delete.  I often have page after page.  How hard
> would it be to put an Empty Trash icon on the top menu bar similar to
> INBOX?

Yes, that should be possible.

Jan.

--