Attachments Crash

Henry Blackman h.blackman@chester.ac.uk
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:00:15 -0000

Hello.

Something I've noticed in IMP 3 (from tarball).  When I click to download an
attachment; if the filename has spaces in it, the browser (IE 6 in my case)
actually hangs.  IE 5.5 works just fine, but that's because of the different
Content-Disposition header.

Has anyone come across this, or solved the problem.  I've tried adding
quotes to the Content-Disposition header around the filename, but then IE
gives the file the name "view" instead of what's sent - but it doesn't crash
the browser.  Any ideas?  I did wonder if replacing a space with "%20" would
do the job, but I haven't tested that.

TIA,
Henry