Messages disappear in IMP 3.0

Michael Østergaard Pedersen michael@daimi.au.dk
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:04:28 +0100

I have a few problems with using IMAP in IMP 3.0

First problem is that when I click my inbox I see the new messages,
but I get an error if I try to read them. Also, if I click the inbox
again the messages does not appear.

The problem seems to be that when a new message arrives it's stored in
a new/ directory on the server, and moved to a cur/ directory as soon
as it has been requested once. It appears that IMP can't see the mails
of they are not placed in the new/ directory. Netscape or any other
e-mail client does not have this problem when connecting to the IMAP
server.

Second problem is that all folders appear to be placed below the Inbox
folder (eg. INBOX.Trach).

Here is my configuration:

The mail server is the latest version of Courier-IMAP
PHP 4.1.1 with IMAP libraries dated 26-11-2001 (as far as I remember)

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
    'maildomain' => 'localhost',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'realm' => 'localhost',
    'preferred' => ''
)

If I leave 'folders' empty I get an "invalid mailbox name" when I try
to create a folder with IMP.

Any ideas?