hiding "horde/imp" in the browser location.

Max Kalika max@lsit.ucsb.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:21:17 -0800

There was a question on IRC yesterday about hiding the horde/imp path in
the browser location.  The sure-fire way of doing this is to make the
docroot point to a custom made frameset that has as its primary frame the
path to the imp login page.  However, if this is not an option here's a
quick apache howto:

If you have a dedicated ssl vhost for webmail set up the following
directives within that config block:  (this is my partial ssl.conf that
gets included from httpd.conf)

------BEGIN ssl.conf-------
  <IfDefine SSL>
    LoadModule ssl_module libexec/libssl.so
    AddModule mod_ssl.c

    Listen 443

    # HERE IS A BUNCH OF SSL SETTINGS
    # IF SOMEONE WANTS THEM, LET ME KNOW

    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/webapps/horde/imp"
    ServerName   your.server.com
    ServerAdmin  your.admin@email.com
    <VirtualHost _default_:443>
      SSLEngine On

      # A BUNCH MORE SSL SETTINGS

      Alias /horde "/usr/local/webapps/horde"
      <Directory "/usr/local/webapps/horde">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks

        # This allows Horde's .htaccess files to work
        AllowOverride Limit

        # The following is not technically needed
        php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
        php_flag register_globals Off

      </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

  </IfDefine>
------END ssl.conf-------

After that is done, you will need to modify the Horde's registry
configuration file slightly:

------BEGIN registry.php------
// FOR THE $this->applications['horde'] BLOCK:

  'cookie_path' => '/',

// FOR THE $this->applications['imp'] BLOCK:

  'webroot' => '',
  'icon' => '/graphics/imp.gif'
------END registry.php------

If you also use Turba, you may want to configure IMP's and Turba's conf.php
files to display the respective links to the other app:

FOR IMP:
$conf['menu']['apps'] = array('turba');

FOR TURBA:
$conf['menu']['apps'] = array('imp');

If I left something out, please feel free to correct me.

---max kalika
--max@lsit.ucsb.edu
-lsit systems administrator