[imp] Mail sent "on behalf of" not searchable.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:47:33 -0500

Quoting Mike Coughlan <mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com>:

> IMP is still sending mail "on behalf of" the imp user. Is this a limitation
> or feature of PHP-IMAP? Is there an IMP or PHP.ini parameter that I can set
> to change this? If so, I recommend changing the default to be more in line
> with commercial webmail systems.

Sounds like this is entirely due to how you have horde configured to send
mail - are you using sendmail on teh command line?

And yes, Outlook is being stupid if this is really the behavior that's going
on - it is searching the envelope from address instead of the actual From:
header.

-chuck

--
"whatever is wrong with you ... it is no small thing." - Dan