All messages read under POP3

John McCoy jmccoy@mills.edu
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:40:04 -0800

Not sure if this is normal behavior or not, so figured I should ask the
experts.
This is my first pop-toaster with maildirs, I normally only work with IMAP
and mbox.

When using IMP or Outlook Express in POP3 mode as soon as I get new headers
all messages in the new folder get moved to the cur folder. This is fine in
Outlook as it remembers the message is still unread by it. In IMP 3.0 all
messages always show as read, which needless to say is no good. If I connect
to my remote IMAP server via the same version of IMP I have no problems. I
am not running IMAP at all on the pop-toaster.

Is this normal? Am I crazy, dumb question, what might be wrong?

Thanks all.

Test System Specs:
Redhat 7.0 (yes I know I need to upgrade it, all updates applied, production
will be 7.1 or 7.2)
qmail-ldap 1.03
IMP 3.0 & Horde 2.0 & Turba 1.0
Apache 1.3.20
php-4.1.0
c-client from imap-2001a
qmail-pop3d
daemontools-0.76 (How can such a cool program still only be a point release)
ucspi-tcp-0.88

John McCoy jmccoy@mills.edu
Central Systems Administrator
Mills College, Oakland CA