Multiple imap servers, IMP 3.0

Per Steinar Iversen PerSteinar.Iversen@adm.hio.no
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:47:09 +0100 (CET)

At our site there are several IMAP servers. It is very much desirable that
the users do not have to bother about what IMAP server they use, this
can anyway always be deduced from the login name.

In previous version of IMP I hacked the login code to set the imap server
used automatically as derived from the login name. What would be the best
way to do this with IMP 3.0 ?

I know about the hooks in imp/config/conf.php, and is able to set the
fullname and from address. The problem is to select the right IMAP
server.

I am much impressed with the extremely clean XHTML 1.0 output by IMP.
There are some glitches though, at least the W3C HTML validator says so.
(I use Opera and such tests are but a click away anywhare on the web.)

In the inbox listing the W3C validator is unhappy about the placement
of some javascript, when viewing a message it complains about a missing
endtag for an <input ...> tag.

-psi