[imp] IMP 3.0

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:14:44 -0500

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 03:02:58PM -0700, Mike Cisar (mcisar@starmania.net) wrote:
> Just looking for a general opinion here... have been following the list
> loosely since the release of the new versions and there seems to be a
> WHOLE lot of traffic regarding setup problems and this won't work and
> that won't work.

That's because there's no need for people to post "Hi, I have no
problems." :-)

> I have a number of clients using prior versions that I would like to
> consider upgrading to the latest version (for consistancy I prefer to
> use RPM versions rather than having to go through the hassles of CVS and
> potentially having slightly different versions on different systems,
> etc).  So the question is... are the released/RPM versions stable enough
> for use in a production environment, or is this just asking for trouble
> and should I hold off on upgrade plans until such time as things have
> stabilized and a 3.01 or somesuch is released?

Well, we released it because it was ready to use, but I can't tell you
if you should roll it out at your site. Look at the changes from
release until now, and decide if any is a showstopper for you. If it
is, wait; if not, roll out.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!