IMAP Logins Fail

George Kearns gkearns@godaddy.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:14:50 -0700

Hello all,

I'm very new to IMP (and VERY impressed so far), and I have been experiencing
login failures with passwords that contain certain characters, namely the at
symbol "@" and the exclamation point "!" (assuming there are others as well).
If I change the password on the effected accounts to simple words, everything
starts working.

Looking at /tmp/horde.log, the authentication is attempted on the server, but
it fails. This indicates to me that horde/imp is munging the password before it
tries to authenticate with it. I know these passwords work in general; I have
no problems using these passwords with other clients to the same server.

I'm logging in directly with IMP (skipping horde login), and using IMAP. The
same thing happens with POP3, too.

Is there any way around this? I wouldn't mind fixing it myself, if someone
could point me to the right file(s) to modify..

Thanks for any help.

GK