customizing IMP

Zachary Denison zacharydenison@yahoo.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:43:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I just installed horde 2 and imp 3.0 on an intranet,
and want to customize it in the following way..

We would like to integrate imp as our email client and
fit it in to our intranet pages which we already
have.. We have 2 issues..

The first is an authentication issue, we already have
a login mechanism in place for people to login to the
intranet, is there a way we can pass this login info
to imp so that users logged in dont have to login
again for horde, and AGAIN for imp.. we just want them
to login once on our system and pass the info down to
horde and imp.  Our system is in PHP, so if someone
could tell me what functions to override or something
that would really be helpful.  Our system checks users
against an ldap server -- but we need people to login
using our system... we can provide hooks such as
IsLoggedIn($username) and so on, my question is where
do we install these hooks in horde/imp ?  Because we
also dont want people to be able to go to the imp page
directly if they know the url for it.

The other issue is one of aesthetics.  all of our html
pages have a left side navigation bar.. we would like
to place the entire imp application inside an html
table cell effectively (we arent using frames).  So we
can have our companies navigation on the left, and the
imp menubar on the top.  Is this possible?  If someone
could give me pointers on how to do this the best way
that would be great... Also we thought of using
Iframes but we want a way that works with both IE and
Netscape.

I greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you.

Zachary.