IMP 3 and Execmail Server

Brian Helman bhelman@salemstate.edu
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:55:56 -0500

I have been using IMP 2.2 with our Execmail server for about a year now
without any problems.  Now I am trying to install an IMP 3 server to work
with Execmail.  I am able to connect and get the inbox, but I have been
unable to determine the correct folder prefix to get folders working.

Under 2.2 the settings were:

/* Default IMAP Folder Configuration */
$default->folders                        = '';

/* Cyrus Configuration */
$default->personal_folders               = 'INBOX.';    /* i.e. INBOX. */

I translate these to IMP 3 as (in servers.php):
  'folders' => '',
  'namespace' => 'INBOX.',

Not only does this not work, but it hangs my browser.  If I place a space
in the 'folders" value, it doesn't hang the browser, but it doesn't work
either.

Execmail, from what I understand, is based on the Cyrus server.  The native
Execmail client, Netscape and Eudora (which I am using to send this) as
well as IMP 2 work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
brian helman