[imp] ldap to authenticate

DEREK STARK DEREK.STARK@menasha.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:17:14 -0600

Now, I'll admit my ignorance of FreeBSD, but if it uses pam like everything else, then find/compile the nss_ldap modules for pam. That way IMP can continue to authenticate from IMAP, which in turn can get its authentication from pam (which actually reads from LDAP). It's what we do on our project, and it seems to work rather well. You may or may not need to recompile your IMAP daemon to use pam if currently reads from a CRAM-MD5 file.

Derek

>>> dtartari@portoriogrande.com.br 01/23/02 07:28 AM >>>

As I could see in horde.php configuration file it's possible to use ldap
to authenticate the imp user's and I'm thinking to use that...

Is there anybody who could give me an example how I can configure horde
to use ldap at localhost.

I am  running Horde 2.1-cvs, IMP 3.1-cvs and Turba 1.1-cvs, PHP-4.1.1
with FTP, Ldap, Gettext, IMAP, MCAL, Mcrypt, MySQL, PostgreSQL, XML
support modules, apache 1.3.22 +mod_ssl 2.8.5 in a FreeBSD 4.4 box.

Thanks a lot !

Darci Tartari