No folders under IMP 3.0

Brian Helman bhelman@salemstate.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:59:57 -0500

I posted a message last week about this, but I still have had no success
fixing the problem.  I have an IMP 2.2.4 system running in production
without any problems.  On a new box, I have installed IMP 3.0.1 and it is
working to a degree.  HOWEVER, while I have been able to logon to my IMAP
server (Execmail/Cyrus), I have not been able to access any folders
(personal or shared).  In fact, I don't even see them.

Again, all works fine in 2.2.4.  Here is that configuration:

(from defaults.php3)
/* Default IMAP Server Configuration */
$default->server                         = 'clipper.salemstate.edu';
$default->from_server                    = 'salemstate.edu';
$default->port                           = '143';

/* Default IMAP Folder Configuration */
$default->folders                        = '';
$default->use_imap_subscribe             = true;
$default->show_dotfiles                  = true;
$default->save_sent_mail                 = true;
$default->sent_mail                      = 'sent-mail';
$default->postponed                      = 'drafts';

/* Server list : user is presented with a list */
/* of available imap servers */
$default->use_server_list                = false;

/* Cyrus Configuration */
$default->personal_folders               = 'INBOX.';    /* i.e. INBOX. */

I know under 2.2 there is a server definition file -- servers.php3, which I
am not using (as defined by the "use_server_list variable).

Under 3.0, other than the $conf['server']['hierarchies'] = array() , it
appears that folder settings have been removed from the conf.php file and
now only get configured in servers.php .  I have toyed around will all
kinds of permutations of the 'folders' and 'namespace' variables without
success.  One thing that I have noticed, if I place a value with a '.' in
the either the 'namespace' or 'folders' setting, the browser locks up (e.g.
INBOX. ).  Any other setting (e.g. mail/, mail, / etc) gets me into the
mail, but again, no folders (and I don't have the ability to create them
either).

Is there a configuration that I am missing?  What has changed from a
folder-configuration perspective since 2.2?

Thanks,
brian helman