creating filters

Dan Allen dan@mojavelinux.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:19:55 -0800

I appears that in the CVS version of IMP, if you have a default mail folder,
such as "mail/" in which you are caged and you create a filter with one of the
folders, such as mail/foo (of course it would just show up as 'foo' in the list
since the select boxes uses mail/ as the root.  Anyway, when you save the filter
it shows

move folders to mail%Ffoo

and thus when you try to filter the message, it tries to imap encode (that
function for sending an encoded string to the imap server) mail%Ffoo instead of
mail/foo and thus it says the folder doesn't exist.  To fix this problem, when I
saved, I did a urldecode() on the folder so that it would save it as mail/foo.
 In addition, if you are caged and you modify a filter such as mail/foo it does
not recognize to map mail/foo => foo so that the select box updates itself to
show the current selected folder for the filter.  I think the select box
javascript is not taking into account the mail/ folder.

Dan

IMP: http://horde.org/imp/       Free the Source!