imp2 sessions

Joshua E Warchol jwarchol@dsl.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:04:38 -0500

I've been getting lots of shared memory errors lately. Someone recommended
using MySQL for session management (since we use it for prefs and addresses).
Can two imp servers use the same mysql database for sessions? It appears not,
since my second server (with exactly the same configuration) can't maintain
a session. But if I change the $cookiename to something unique to that server,
it works.

How does this happen? What's the basic idea of imp2 sessions? Were there any
changes to this in the later 2.2 imp releases? And how do you tell the version
your running?

--
Joshua Warchol
UNIX Systems Administrator