[imp] Sieve filtering ... any progress?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy@hub.org
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 22:06:20 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Dan Ellis wrote:

> Currently there are a few small ones that I know, but nothing fantastic
> solve-all yet.  Extending it to put a GUI/wizard is not a small task at any
> matter.  The main problem I see is not creating the scripts, but reading in
> scripts and population the GUI.
>
> I just received an email from Alexandros Vellis that he has created a small
> GUI for sieve support for squirrel mail.  I haven't had a chance to look at
> it yet.
>
> Another individual, Scott Russell is creating a horde module.  It has basic
> support for vacation scripts, et al.
>
> If you're looking for basic forwarding, vacation, etc then I'd wait to see
> what Scott brings us.  I'm currently working on bringing DIGEST-MD5
> authentication etc to the library, so I don't have much time to focus on the
> GUI side of things.
>
> I'm sure this isn't the answer you wanted, but progress is being made little
> by little.
>
> Dan Ellis
>
> Are you saying my imp-patch is painful? :)

For me, who go in with vi anyway, nope ... for 4000 students, staff and
faculty that prefer a Windows GUI that is purely point and click ... mos
definitly :(

From: Rob Lineweaver <rlineweaver@harrisonburg.k12.va.us>
To: imp@lists.horde.org, rkagan@yorku.ca
Date: 04 Feb 2002 21:33:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [imp] Session expiring

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 12:12, Ramon Kagan wrote:
> HI,
>
> Any body have any new ideas.  I can't go production when my users will be
> logged out spontaneously.

Ramon,

I'm no expert here because I've never used LVS but I think that is
causing the problem.  Doesn't the Linux Virtual Server setup forward
HTTP requests on to the least busy backend server?  The problem is that
the PHP sessions are tracked on the server side per server (aren't
they?... or do they use cookies?), so that you may get lucky and get
your requests forwarded to the same backend server a couple of times but
eventually you'll get a server that has no clue about your session, and
it logs you out.

I'm just spouting off a wild idea here so someone feel free to correct
me if i'm wrong.

Try a setup without LVS and see if it works without logging you out
spontaneously.

Rob Lineweaver
:)